Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Just reporting back..........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well the 05 2.0Ltr HDi I bought is doing fine so far.

The cam belt was last done around 70,000 miles ago, so I bought a full kit (including water pump) from GSF using one of there emailed discount codes. It was £94 iirc. I had a local garage fit it (they "know" these engines) and they gave it an engine service too (using Morrises 5/40 full synth oil).

I have taken the double seat out of the back as I will eventually be using it as an occasional camper. I bought a 2'6 x 6' "guest" mattress off ebay. It fits just fine with the driver seat pushed forward. Next, to design a plywood bed base plus a small cupboard for the other side. I have spent a while looking at what others have done on here in that respect, and will use some of the ideas I have seen and report back with pics when I get around to it. 

Loving the MPG after what I used to get from the VW T25 "wedge". Oh, and the "Modutop" roof is great too Smile 

Next job is to get some proper power in the rear (small leisure battery) and fit some LED interior lights I ordered off ebay, remote control ones with colour changing = Cool I will also be getting round to fitting one of my (smaller) CB radios too [Image: icon_eek.gif]