Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Heated wing mirrors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone  know if it is possible to changle electric unheated mirrors to heated wing mirror.  How do you do it ?
Van is 2012 enterptide with air con
If the wiring is present in the mirror housing I'd think it would be just of matter of taking off the non-heated glass and putting on a mirror with the connector for heating. Pop off the glass and have a look see. Judging from mine it looks like they use the same wiring looms for all. BTW, welcome to the forum.
What about the switch?

To switch it on and off. Where can you get them from??
I believe they are heated via the heated rear window switch in the car, going to be a problem with the van.
Yes, Trevor is correct. They turn on with the rear window defroster - at least in my non-van.
The van has a slightly different switch cluster. The rear heated window isn't present if you don't have heated mirrors. You can fit all the parts it seems but you do need the bsi reprogrammed to switch the circuit on. I've looked into it with my 65 plate and for all the hassle, it's easier having a rag and some de-icer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk