Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Need help identifying Engine Model
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, 

I'm looking into buying a 2006 Berlingo Enterprise and understand its a 1.9d. Does this mean it's a DW8?

I was sure it was until i started seeing posts referring to a 1999 Peugeot 306 with a DW8, when i thought this engine's first prod run was in 2000?

Warm Regards,
PN
Are you sure its a 1.9d being a 2006 i suspect it is a 2.0hdi - DW10
(07-01-2017, 07:09 PM)polar Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure its a 1.9d being a 2006 i suspect it is a 2.0hdi - DW10

This ^^

1.9d was on the earlier models.
(07-01-2017, 07:09 PM)polar Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure its a 1.9d being a 2006 i suspect it is a 2.0hdi - DW10

From GOV.UK I get the following returned from the number plate

Vehicle make: CITROEN

Date of first registration: July 2006

Year of manufacture: 2006

Cylinder capacity (cc): 1868 cc

Which from Wikipedia (so help me), a 1868 cc can only be a DW8. This is also the capacity it's advertised as. Perhaps i'll have to ring them Monday.
It needs a new fan belt hence my questions, and i'm trying to gauge if i can do it myself.

Many Thanks,
PN
Have you tried a VIN decoder such as:

http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Citroen/BERLINGO
A fan belt is DIY whichever engine you have, there is a Haynes Manual on this site to download so have a search and it will save you some grief ....................................................

I used to own a 55 plate 1.9d and a neighbour had a 2006 1.9d .... can you photo the engine bay for us ???
(07-01-2017, 08:37 PM)geoff Wrote: [ -> ]A fan belt is DIY whichever engine you have, there is a Haynes Manual on this site to download so have a search and it will save you some grief ....................................................

I used to own a 55 plate 1.9d and a neighbour had a 2006 1.9d .... can you photo the engine bay for us ???

Ahhh great, that was my next move, i'll have a read. I viewed the van today, but didn't take any snaps under the hood unfortunately, nor get a vin.

I read it's last mot and the belt is heavily perished. Do you think it's likely it'll be a spring tensioner (easier? no special tools) or a manual tensioner. This is really the only bit that worries me, routing the belt i can do.

Thanks all, didn't expect so much help.
I'd expect a spring tensioner but it can be fiddly though ok to do.

Best to have a check on what is there before and the sellers log book is the best place for that, as you say 1868cc is a 1.9d and will be a DW8 at that age

My van was the Enterprise model, really good, basic and modest performance but bullet proof, expect 40 mpg if it is worked hard about 44 average and 48 max if you drive like a granny which is ok except a bit boring.

Bargain hard on timing belt costs if due - say £350 but DIY possible there.

Make sure ALL of the electrics work as they should and there are no dash warning lights on - don't accept any bull with this.

Clutch can be heavy so bargain for new cable / clutch costs with the seller £50 to £350 but as they all do it there is no problem it means you get a better buying price.

All in all a good vehicle .... have fun and let us know how you get on .... cheers for the vote !