Berlingo Forum

Full Version: ABS Modul
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all,

I have flowing problem with my ABS/ESP:

I do not have any voltage coming from ABS module to left rear wheel. The voltage is measured at  ABS module plug-in. From diagnostic tool I read error code: C1325 "short or open circuit ". Seem to be that ABS block electronics has some failure but just on one wheel because all wires are checked. Does anyone know if this could be realistic? To change ABS block in service is pretty expensive (1000 Euro just for spare prats). I thought to buy used one but I am not sure which will suit to my Berlingo.

PS Already I read all threads with this topic in order to identified failure and they were very helpful for me. Big thanks to members Brajomobile and Boxter.

Any help will be appreciated.

Berlingo XTR
1.6 hdi 84 kW
VIN: VF77J9HL0EJ6866794
abs block: BOSCH 8.1 (this number I read from the ABS block: 94 746 634 80)

BR,
H.
Gruß Dich highlander und herzlich willkommen.
You have to be really sure that wires for bad sensor are ok.

Unplug rear wheel sensor. Short circuit wires on that end of connector.
Unplug connector on ABS module. Check for continuity. Check what resistance you get.
Then remove short circuit on end wires. On ABS connector module check continuity.
Check resistance. If you get open continuity when you remove short circuit that wire
is probably ok. If you don't get open continuity than that wire is probably bad.

If you checked wires in the above method than you have to check sensor itself.
The easy method is to swap left to right and check in diagnostic if you have the
same error.

If the wires and the sensor turns out to be OK than ABS module is the problem.
Probably bad solder joint inside ABS sensor module PCB. Then you can try to
remove PCB and re-flow solder backing it in oven for 7-9 min at 200 C.
You can search forum for above instructions.

If the above is not successful than you can by used one from ebay
You can buy BOSCH 8.1 form different brand car. I think Bosch 8.1 is not coded like ATE ABS units
and you can swap from another brand car. Go to local scrap yard and find any used BOSCH 8.1

Best regards,
brajomobil