Berlingo Forum

Full Version: New tablet fitted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[attachment=3357]

Here my new sat nav, music centre running through the Aux Input in glove box the tablet goes into stand by mode when turning ignition off and comes back on when you turn engine back on.

Original car stereo still works with controls from finger tip on steering wheel.

Can be easily removed for parking and to update tablet.
Looking really good, how is it fixed to the dash?
(24-01-2017, 08:31 AM)Andre Wrote: [ -> ]Looking really good, how is it fixed to the dash?

The tablet is on fitting that is secured using the CD sot on the original CD player, the car stereo works as normal including the CD the only draw back is you have to remove clamp ( 2 second job) to change CD but all my music is on tablet so that's not a problem to me.
Very good Idea!!. I m serching the same.

Could you put the link where you buy the holder please? (or photo is the same).

Regards

PD: My idea is this, buy yours is better I think.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291996831093?_...EBIDX%3AIT
Thats brilliant, just brilliant great job.
Hello looks really good!!!how do you transmit the audio signal to the original stereo? Do you need to remove it all the time or you have something that prevents it against theft?

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G900F folosind Tapatalk
(02-02-2017, 11:10 AM)doofer Wrote: [ -> ]I have my phone in the bottom-right corner of the windscreen, on a rubber sucker mount.  I find it much more comfortable and safer to check the screen in this position, and it doesn't obstruct vision at all.  I have a hard-wired charger cable hanging out of the A-pillar just next to it, and audio is via Bluetooth to the stereo.  It all works very smoothly.

I've got no idea how the law stands for using touchscreens like these while driving.  It's possibly legal if it's a tablet, illegal if a phone - even though both may be running the same app.  It's all a very grey area, but I generally don't touch mine at all while driving, so the fact that it's a stretch to reach it where I have it doesn't make much difference.

How's the GPS signal where it is?  I wonder whether it may struggle in built-up areas, as it has the metal roof above and the dash behind it.

The GPS signal works fine no problems in build up areas
(02-02-2017, 12:05 PM)NANO_Vigo Wrote: [ -> ]Very good Idea!!. I m serching the same.

Could you put the link where you buy  the holder please? (or photo is the same).

Regards

PD: My idea is this, buy yours is better I think.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291996831093?_...EBIDX%3AIT

He is the link to one I bought 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131730858509 

Remember to pick the one suitable to the size of your tablet
(02-02-2017, 01:33 PM)dargoion Wrote: [ -> ]Hello looks really  good!!!how do you transmit the audio signal to the original stereo? Do you need to remove it all the time or you have something that prevents it against theft?

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G900F folosind Tapatalk

I run a wire from the tablet to the Aux phono plugs in glove box.

All the sound runs through the car speakers even running music and fading in when the gps need to tell you a direction if both running together.

As for theft it takes 2 mins to remove and now comes 2nd nature when leaving or entering my car.
Now running TomTom the best (my opinion) sat nav works a treat being fitted in the car since February no problems to report.
Pages: 1 2