Berlingo Forum

Full Version: .. ABS Module Question .. Peugeot so be kind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry to ask here but struggling to get an answer elsewhere ...  ( Peugeot 407 2004 2.0 Petrol - my sons car. )

The ABS Pump Module shown below : 

[attachment=3412]

is the part in question and it isn't outputting voltage to the wheel sensors so .....

I'm going to fit another known good part with the exact same part numbers etc and I want to know if it will cause the BSI system or whatever to require coding for it to work on the vehicle ?

I don't want to initially get bogged down with why I'm changing it etc as it distracts from what I need to know, suffice it to say I've done the diagnostics to prove component failure.

Thanks for reading and hopefully one of the guru's here will know the score.
Thanks for that, it would imply that programming isn't needed but don't let that put anyone off from posting further about this topic.
I guess you will only know for sure when you fit the 2nd hand part.

Are you fitting the whole pump or only the ECU?

Just the electrical / solenoid side - four screws and an electrical conector .... love it no bleeding.
Yes, changing just the ECU will save you a lot of work, any faults with the unit are almost always component related and are quite often nothing more than a bad solder joint inside the ECU.

There are quite a few videos on you tube showing people repairing ABS ECU's.

Funnily enough soldered joints - I had nil voltage to any wheel sensor nor the brake fluid level sensor and after examination . soldering suspicious joints I now have three wheel sensors and the level sensor with voltage !
Unable to get the last sensor voltage hence the replacement module.

Thanks for the reply much appreciated.

P.S will update the outcome as a Peugeot is a Citroen in disguise.
Some of the ECU's use no solder on the header pins, they use eye of needle compliant pin technology, the pins are just push fitted into solder lined holes in the circuit board . . .  you would think they were designing them to fail wouldn't you!  Undecided

Hope it goes well and all is good.

You can try to bake it in oven to re-flow solder.

Just google for VGA oven repair.

Best regards,
brajomobil
Interesting approach will take a look,thank you Brajomobil.