Berlingo Forum

Full Version: 1.9d interchangable parts with 1.6HDI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiya all...

I am wondering if there are any interchangeable parts between the 1.9d DW8 and 1.6HDI DW10 ? I have a shed full of spares for my DW8 including filters, cables, ball joints, bearings, Glow plugs etc.. You name it there probably is one.. Smile
 I am thinking of buying another van and was going for another 1.9d but a thought is should I consider a 1.6HDI even with the reputation ??
 Anyway I don't want to waste the shed of spares so any recommendations ? I have seen the older Fiat Scudo has a 1.9D is that the same as the DW8 ?

Cheers..
Probably not much but either way I'd suggest taking test drive / borrow a drive, Hdi is more powerful more refined better fuel economy and cheaper tax too ( I made the same move 1.9d to 1.6 Hdi )
Hdi doesn't slog around at low speed like the 1.9d.

I only changed as my needs changed and as much as I like the Hdi if there had been a more powerful 1.9d version I'd have gone for that instead.

As I say take a drive and go from there ... best and only way IMHO ............
Cheers..

I have been to look at a Pug 1.9d and the fuel filter and oil filter were the same but everything else was different. The lower wishbone was the solid Cast Iron type and was in need of ball joints only the joints are part of the wishbone at a cost of £60 each pattern !! Sod that I thought...
(17-03-2017, 08:35 PM)ajcommercial Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers..

I have been to look at a Pug 1.9d and the fuel filter and oil filter were the same but everything else was different. The lower wishbone was the solid Cast Iron type and was in need of ball joints only the joints are part of the wishbone at a cost of £60 each pattern !! Sod that I thought...

I bought pattern cast lower wishbones from my local car spares guy £38 inc vat
(17-03-2017, 08:35 PM)ajcommercial Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers..

The solid cast wishbones are specified for diesel versions of the partner including both 1.9d and hdi's
From what I've read on the forum you can fit the pressed steel lower wishobones in place of the cast ones or vice versa....

https://www.berlingoforum.com/Thread-Lower-wish-bone