Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Teletrac card to start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just bought my first be lingo yesterday, a 2016 xtr, it has the teletrac system which I know nothing about and I have to touch an immobiliser credit card against a sensor before I can start it, is this a common feature, cheers
Hi,

Never heard of teletrac - it's certainly not on my2016 XTR.

Is it part of the optional satnav system?.

Dunfillin
Yes it is, looks like it was a lease vehicle ( lex auto lease on the number plates )but as it only had 28 miles on the clock it must never of been leased
I would be if i registered it lol
You will probably find they are tracking the vehicle. If it gets nicked you can phone them up and be told where it is for an exorbitant amount of money.
We had to remove a similar system from a BMW 5 series last week, because it went wrong & the car wouldn't start.
The owner didn't even realise he had this system fitted. The quality of the installation was appalling,it's a wonder the car ever ran.
Presumably it needs an active SIM card to send data back?
Something else to go wrong....
[quote='Egg on Leggs' pid='98885' dateline='1490304807']
You will probably find they are tracking the vehicle. If it gets nicked you can phone them up and be told where it is for an exorbitant amount of money.
[/. How big a job was it to take the system off and what cost ?
Pages: 1 2