Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Rear Widow Tailgate Struts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I needed to replace a Tailgate Window strut on my 2012 XTR Berlingo but while looking to find a replacement via the Net I was surprised at the price variations  plus to find the correct strut. After contacting a few sellers to see if they sold the strut that I needed ( one replied) I phone up my local dealer for the price which He did not have a price but gave me the correct Part Number  So phoned the dealer in Enniskillen  and was given a price of £38 + vat So  I the continue to search the net with the part number and found one for just £7.45 but they wanted £14.95 P&P for my BT post code yet was free with other UK post code,  but as I have a UK to Ireland postal service Account (£2-50) I used that. . . .  But Why such a price Variation??? Are we being ripped off?
Could be that the cheaper one is not 'original', but still a perfectly adequate copy. I too use the Irish Address Pal postal service and take advantage of free UK postage. Of course we are ripped off with many items and I try to buy things from China that offer free worldwide postage, (to even Ireland!), for a fraction of the cost here. Just purchased a brand new carburettor for my Honda Engined British cement mixer for the sum of £6.50, including carriage, about the same as me sending a bar of chocolate to the UK.
Grrrr.