Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Aerial replacemet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

My aerial (2002 1.9d if that's important :-) ) is snapped, I've looked online for a replacement, but none seem to look like mine. It has a pivoting rubber body, with a harder plastic screw on 'cover' ... i'm not sure if the whip part is usually attached to the rubber base, or the plastic cover...and if the latter where I can get a replacement. I'm not even sure if this is an original citroen part.

Any info gratefully received,

Cheers

[Image: berlingoaerial1_zpszml7hibm.jpg]
Hi Keebab,
your aerial looks very similar to mine, best bet is try breakers for a replacement,
hopefully you can replace just the top part, changing the complete aerial is rather awkward, because you will have to remove the Head Lining which is glued in place, hope you have some luck.
(11-06-2017, 06:09 PM)THE BADGE Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Keebab,
your aerial looks very similar to mine, best bet is try breakers for a replacement,
hopefully you can replace just the top part, changing the complete aerial is rather awkward, because you will have to remove the Head Lining which is glued in place, hope you have some luck.

cheers mate, i'll try that.
That is a standard base with a mastic gun nozzle stuck on if I'm not mistaken. Has the male thread from the whip broken in the base, if you can get it out you could go to a breakers for a replacement whip or any accessory shop for a new one.
Replaced mine easy enough.
Malcolm.
(11-06-2017, 07:01 PM)Tomcat3 Wrote: [ -> ]That is a standard base with a mastic gun nozzle stuck on if I'm not mistaken. Has the male thread from the whip broken in the base, if you can get it out you could go to a breakers for a replacement whip or any accessory shop for a new one.

I think you may have been correct :-) anyway, mustve been on a while as the rubber had formed a thread....anyway, it fell apart when I tried to unscrew it....so I'll have to change the whole thing now .

Cheers mate.