Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Lazy Sunday Afternoon!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all, 

Today for entertainment i fitted  a new starter motor to my 1.6 Hdi , i would like to know who decided to move it from the easily accessible  front of the engine like my 1.9 DW8 van and buried it on the back under and behind just about everything,

For future reference should this be attempted mainly from above, mainly from underneath, both or mainly from the anchor pub whilst someone with tiny hands and more patience than me does it.

all advice for next time gratefully received, thanks

Terry
Its been said before Terry they are a bit of a b*****d on the 1.6hdi's and its not just a citroen thing i remember doing one on a Vauxhall Viva years ago, up until that time i had never considered taking the engine out to do one! Ive even done one on a Reliant and that was easier.

Anyway you have done it now so "well done" - hope you used a decent replacement?
Fourth option sounds the most sensible but not as satisfying as knowing you did it yourself. As long as you discount the skinned knuckles and the copious amounts of flying expletives, although the latter can be quite satisfying in themselves LOL