Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Mk1 1.8i 3dr petrol speedo/odometer not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys n gals,
As in the subject, I have a 1.8 petrol 3 door, 2000 W reg, and the speedo and odometer has just stopped working!!!! It has been standing for a few months, so something may have seized etc..... it doesn't have ABS so don't know where to look or how to test/replace a speed sensor?

Hope someone can help as I use it everyday, and it's not as easy without the speedo!

Thanks in advance ??
Hi there the speedo drive is on the back of the gearbox you will need to jack it up or get it on a lift to get at it best. There is a down loadable workshop manual on the site if you don't have one. Have a search for it.
(26-08-2017, 04:54 PM)busaboyz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys n gals,
As in the subject, I have a 1.8 petrol 3 door, 2000 W reg, and the speedo and odometer has just stopped working!!!! It has been standing for a few months, so something may have seized etc..... it doesn't have ABS so don't know where to look or how to test/replace a speed sensor?

Hope someone can help as I use it everyday, and it's not as easy without the speedo!

Thanks in advance ??
Pardon my curiosity and allow me to ask you something other than on your query. If your car is a 1.8i engine, could it be an XU7 or EW7? and did you fit the engine or did it come stock? I ask this coz I am yet to come across any with that engine stock. However, here where I'm from its a popular conversion with the XU7 carburettor or efi though since they don't have original harnesses, they would resort to butchering the wires completely. I'd appreciate your feedback