Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Towbar electrics any pictures?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
gonna be fitting a towbar this week, any pics of electric connections? Thanks
Pictures won't help you as wire colours are irrelevant on citroens, you need a multi meter and to go to the source of each light is the easiest way to sort it, whichever side you come into the car with wiring use the brake from there, run twincore or two cables from the other side to your towing relay (I refuse to call them a canbus relay as the signals are nowt to with them, but it may be labelled as such) for ind and side lights, fog light from wherever it is as well, plus reverse, it's fairly straight forward, but pics won't help, find wiring looms running to the lamps and your onto a winner bud

Oh and solder connections, scotch locks cause more or less every issue I ever fix on towbar electrics
Oh and solder connections, scotch locks cause more or less every issue I ever fix on towbar electrics

Definitely good advice , scotch locks can cause an awful lot of trouble !
Ok thanks, just ordered 10 scotchlocks! Oh well they're only pennies. Solder wires then tape over?
(30-08-2017, 05:21 AM)East Wrote: [ -> ]Ok thanks, just ordered 10 scotchlocks! Oh well they're only pennies. Solder wires then tape over?

Get some amalgamating tape to seal them up or heat shrink them.