Berlingo Forum

Full Version: 1.6 bhp110bhp Turbo in a Berlingo 1.6hdi 90
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I've done some research, Found out that a company called HDI Tuning have fitted the gtd1244vz from a 110bhp 1.6HDI to a 1.6 HDIe (90) Just wanted to know if anyone has successively fitted on to theirs. 

My 2013 1.6HDIe 90 is remapped already, I have bought a gtd1244vz turbo and thinking of getting it fitted then remapped to suit the new turbo. But i'm thinking the 5 speed gearbox would not be upto the job? due to the ratio.

Would a gearbox from a 110bhp Citroen of some sort fit my Van?? if so what would would be a direct fit.

Cheers Dan
Confused Confused Confused Confused Huh
Thinking maybe 6 speed gearbox
Am I hinting a slight bit of sarcasm there, LOL. Thats what I was thinking to be honest but from what car? I dont know as i'm assuming the drive shafts are different, selector cables will be different and the gear lever.

Cheers Dan
Box from newer berlingo,their 6 speed on 100,HP,or 120 HP,I think,
Kna, Wouldnt get the same spec. Mines the L2 with the sliding crew van seats, plus by the time I find one with cruise control take all my hifi stuff out and refit it all would cost me more imo. Turbo and remap is straight forward to be honest see link below.

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/forum/ds3/ds3-m...-vnt-turbo

Gearbox is the only thing thats the hard part, you can pick up a 6 speed gearbox of ebay for 300.

Cheers Dan
(19-09-2017, 04:15 PM)Dandav1985 Wrote: [ -> ]Kna, Wouldnt get the same spec. Mines the L2 with the sliding crew van seats, plus by the time I find one with cruise control take all my hifi stuff out and refit it all would cost me more imo. Turbo and remap is straight forward to be honest see link below.

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/forum/ds3/ds3-m...-vnt-turbo

Gearbox is the only thing thats the hard part, you can pick up a 6 speed gearbox of ebay for 300.

Cheers Dan
Am glad to see this conversation. Am also due to do a conversion from 1.9d to 2.0hdi followed by a stage 1 remap. Am interested to know which 6speed box I can fit to get the most of the remapped engine.
(15-09-2017, 07:52 PM)Dandav1985 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I've done some research, Found out that a company called HDI Tuning have fitted the gtd1244vz from a 110bhp 1.6HDI to a 1.6 HDIe (90) Just wanted to know if anyone has successively fitted on to theirs. 

My 2013 1.6HDIe 90 is remapped already, I have bought a gtd1244vz turbo and thinking of getting it fitted then remapped to suit the new turbo. But i'm thinking the 5 speed gearbox would not be upto the job? due to the ratio.

Would a gearbox from a 110bhp Citroen of some sort fit my Van?? if so what would would be a direct fit.

Cheers Dan
Hi, would like to understand what you hope to achieve with the replacement turbo and what is the difference between the old and the new one.

Thanks.
Hi,

That's my ds3.

No need to upgrade your gearbox, mine is the 5 speed and it handles the torque fine. I'm running the standard clutch too.

What is it that you're concerned about?

My other car is running 380nm on the standard be4 5 speed box.
(06-10-2017, 05:38 AM)pro_steve Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

That's my ds3.

No need to upgrade your gearbox, mine is the 5 speed and it handles the torque fine. I'm running the standard clutch too.

What is it that you're concerned about?

My other car is running 380nm on the standard be4 5 speed box.
wow, thats 130 more than the BE4/5 was rated at. No issues so far?

I've just woken up to news that my 2.0hdi conversion kit has just arrived ready tonbe collected ex UK.
Pages: 1 2