Berlingo Forum

Full Version: rear torsion bar removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
have citroen berlingo van on t reg nearside rear wheel is very low told torsion bar has snapped have bought replacement from citroen is
there any particular way of getting the old torsion bar off the van is now on axle stands with the bottom bolts off each damper Saddisconnected will try and post attachment of part later ok any help greatly appreciated thanks
Have a look in "How To " section and you can download M49 Service manual.
I have attached relevent section from manual for you in PDF format.
hi many thanks for that cannot try it out until wednesday coming will keep you posted on progress
It will be easier for you to remove the rear beam completely and do it of the van it's only 4 bolts and undo a few break lines. Will make life easier for you. Spend a bit of time spraying all bolts, nuts bars ect with wd40 .
Thanks for that.......

(30-11-2011, 11:35 AM)david77 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for that.......

Have just had the pleasure of removing both torsion bars to replace the trailing arm bearing which has destroyed itself. Just be persistent and keep at it eventually the torsion bars will come out. Make sure you have removed offset washer from both sides and be careful to follow the torsion bar to the other end so you don't remove the wrong bolt and offset washer. Soak the spline ends in releasing oil or something similar.

o yee
Hy !

I try too repair my rear torsion bar. Smile
i am going to try this also
I going to try this too! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5