Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Adjustable headlamp doesn't
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After a too close encounter with a sheep (they are tough little b*stards), I had to replace my offside headlamp.

Managed to get a second hand one for a reasonable price and fitted it without drama. Problem is, it doesn't adjust up or down, it just sits in the middle position.

Operating the adjuster on the dash causes the N/S one to adjust as it should, but the O/S stays put.

On switching on the headlights, I can hear the motor whirring away as it would when being adjusted, but nothing happens. On the N/S I can see the lens moving when it is adjusted but the O/S won't. Although, by removing the lamp I can reach in and move it by hand.

Anyone had any experiences like this or have any ideas?
Yes, Great Idea, very nice with roast potatoes and mint sauce :whistle::whistle::whistle:
Even with your wombling skillls you wouldn't have got this one - went under the front, between the wheels and out the back, picked itself up and ran off . One bust headlamp and no dinner !!!
I expect the shock has broken the little plastic "rack" inside the adjuster.

New adjuster time - they just bayonet in like a light bulb.

Beware there are brown ones and black ones - each has a different connector.
Can I get to this with the headlamp in situ?
(20-11-2011, 08:10 PM)Coco Wrote: [ -> ]Can I get to this with the headlamp in situ?

Yes - dead easy.

Its the little black or brown box sticking out of the handlamp backshell.

They just bayonet in, so you need a small screwdriver to lift the tags, unscrew a jot and out it comes, then un-snap the inner workings.
Its quicker to do than say.

Black or brown denotes the type - each has a differnet lecky connector.

The white plastic nut thing on the top allows individual manual adjustment to get both sides to match.

Know where you are now thanks.

I'll try and play with it over the weekend