Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Curtains !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.  I am a new owner having just got a Berlingo multispace with the aim of making a micro camper.  My question is about curtains or what others put up at their windows.  Have had a suggestion to use self-adhesive magnetic tape ?  Has anyone done this and was it successful ? !
Welcome to the forum.
I think that a lot of people have used home radiator backing foil or sun screens with stickers, but there's a lot of info in the camper section of the forum. I'm intending to tint mine, but have not got around to doing it yet.
You can use the small rare earth magnets (eBay)
stuck to curtains ,or pvc camping mats cut to size
My B9 has the side and rear windows dark tinted.

For privacy I have cut to shape four vinyl (flooring vinyl, believe it or not!) pieces that will stay on the side windows by themselves when I position them. When not in use they just store flat under my mattress sections (photos - see my B9 build thread in the Camping section). Works well and is easy both to put in place and to store. I also use the rearmosr window recesses as additional storage for jackets, jumpers etc.
(02-10-2018, 08:48 AM)Sue Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all.  I am a new owner having just got a Berlingo multispace with the aim of making a micro camper.  My question is about curtains or what others put up at their windows.  Have had a suggestion to use self-adhesive magnetic tape ?  Has anyone done this and was it successful ? !

Friends of mine have a VW T5 Camper, I was surprised to see that they have a one-piece insulating "curtain" that fits on the outside of the windscreen and front door glass, It hangs over the side-mirrors, not sure what else holds it on.

Something like this: https://www.towsure.com/external-thermal...lind-vw-t5