Berlingo Forum

Full Version: 05 Berlingo multispace Heater woes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys. Trying to fix my heater. I have no blower on any speed. I have removed the blower fan out of the passenger footwell and have come across a brown wire with what looks like a spade end, just hanging around . Do any of you have any idea what it is for, and where it should go?

When ignition is off it has 0v - engine running it has 12/14v (just a bad connection to my crap probes)

[Image: IMG-20181028-122915.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20181028-122904.jpg]
I think I might of found it! I was looking at a link to an old tutorial that has long been deleted (I found it on the Wayback machine - http://www.johnandchris.screaming.net/be...blower.htm) - I came across this image. the spade end looks like the same shape as the "small loose component" on the controller.

[Image: esf21.jpg]

Im gonna give it a shot and try to relocate it... Wish me luck !
Here is the heater tutorial page as images for future reference.

[Image: Peugeot-Partner-heater-blower-fan-fault-1.jpg]
[Image: Peugeot-Partner-heater-blower-fan-fault-2.jpg]
[Image: Peugeot-Partner-heater-blower-fan-fault-3.jpg]
[Image: Peugeot-Partner-heater-blower-fan-fault-4.jpg]
Removed blower unit. Removed plugs. Removed fan +motor. Removed control board with the 2 transistors. Couldn't find anywhere for this brown wire/spade to be located. Cleaned the contacts with some fine wet n dry paper. Reassembled. Tested.

There is a click from the assembly when the fan control is moved over to full cold. But no movement from the fan.......
Wild guess - any chance it is the blower resistor? When those go you tend to get only the top speed on the fan by itself but if you have nothing at all then I am unsure if this could be the cause. Maybe there's an enlightened electrical genius who knows more on that?
Dunno. I couldn't find the resistor. I'm puzzled by the random wire with the funny spade end. It was just hanging loose, and live. It goes back to one of the plugs connected to the motor...
Does anyone know what resistances I should have between the pins on the motor, so I can figure out if it is burnt out?
Does the heater motor spin by hand or feel rough, I remember a few posts on here where the motor shaft had seized and would not work.
(29-10-2018, 04:40 PM)Tomcat3 Wrote: [ -> ]Does the heater motor spin by hand or feel rough, I remember a few posts on here where the motor shaft had seized and would not work.

It spins freely...