Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Headlight Motors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 2004 MKII and one of the headlight motor is grinding the other side does not move, my question is do the two motors together so if one doesn't the other one assuming it is good will not move. Or are the motors fused cannot find any reference of fuse in my manual.
Also having read earlier threads how far can the allen screw(white plastic) move.
The headlight adjustment is now a failure here in France on our control technique.
Any advice appreciated, thanks
(30-12-2018, 04:56 PM)brimac Wrote: [ -> ]I have a 2004 MKII and one of the headlight motor is grinding the other side does not move, my question is do the two motors together so if one doesn't the other one assuming it is good will not move. Or are the motors fused cannot find any reference of fuse in my manual.
Also having read earlier threads how far can the allen screw(white plastic) move.
The headlight adjustment is now a failure here in France on our control technique.
Any advice appreciated, thanks

Hi brimac !

Did you find a solution ? I have the same problem ....

A plus !
Just replace the headlight adjuster motors its an easy job if I remember correctly. They are common to loads of French car and tend to seize on the ball joints from lack of movement and water getting into the small motor.
No, it seems to me that the engine is integrated into the headlight, impossible on version 2 (large headlights) to replace only the engine.

I'm going to check (to be sure) on my car this weekend.
did you find the problem? Mine started when i fitted a new light, and it turns on by itself