Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Front door locks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've trawled the net, for instructions and videos, but can't find a thing. I've just bought two replacement barrels, and I want to replace the old ones, which don't work with the key I have. I'm not bothered about the keys matching the ignition, etc.. . I just want them incase the remote central locking fails at any some point. Does anyone have instructions for how to change them over? Do I remove the door cards? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Open the Door. Look at the back edge and you'll find a black plastic cover.
Carefully pry that off.
Now you get a good set of pliers, and grab the end of the locking plate you see inside, and pull it out CAREFULLY.
Optional; remove door card and faff about to fish the locking plate out after you lost it down inside...
With the locking plate removed the lock can now be pulled out and the actuator arm disconnected.

Inserting a new lock is the reverse procedure...
(That's how it is on the M49 at least. I think the M59 is the same... )
Thanks, at some point I need to see what's going on with my driver's door lock. The whole lock just turns when you try to use the key. At one point it did sometimes lock & unlock in between turns so I guess it's the locking plate loose. For now, the central locking via remote works just fine as does the passenger door & tailgate via the key.
(09-01-2019, 01:37 PM)cancunia Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, at some point I need to see what's going on with my driver's door lock. The whole lock just turns when you try to use the key. At one point it did sometimes lock & unlock in between turns so I guess it's the locking plate loose. For now, the central locking via remote works just fine as does the passenger door & tailgate via the key.

That was common on experts... new barrels sort it, the end of the barrel wears where the key sits in, push the key hard in and it works sometimes ??
(13-01-2019, 10:04 PM)dumdum Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2019, 01:37 PM)cancunia Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, at some point I need to see what's going on with my driver's door lock. The whole lock just turns when you try to use the key. At one point it did sometimes lock & unlock in between turns so I guess it's the locking plate loose. For now, the central locking via remote works just fine as does the passenger door & tailgate via the key.

That was common on experts... new barrels sort it, the end of the barrel wears where the key sits in, push the key hard in and it works sometimes ??

Yes it was something like that, I'll take a look when the weather is warmer Thanks for the tip.
(14-01-2019, 09:08 AM)cancunia Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-01-2019, 10:04 PM)dumdum Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes it was something like that, I'll take a look when the weather is warmer Thanks for the tip.

If you’re really unlucky the key is worn also ?
(14-01-2019, 10:12 AM)dumdum Wrote: [ -> ]If you’re really unlucky the key is worn also ?

Fortunately, the key is fine in the other locks. Also, one of the first things I did was get a spare key.