Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Wrong headlights ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bought a pair of new headlights off Fleabay. Made by Valero and looked right so fitted to van and all looked ok. Until I fitted the grille ! They’re not the right headlights, or at least they’re not the ones for my 2001 model ! So what have I bought and which do I need ?
You have an M49 berlingo there but as you say those headlights aint for a berlingo. Is there a part number on the light that you can do a google search on.
[attachment=4634]
Think this is part number I what I bought, but couldn’t check it against mine without taking all the front off. Any ideas what they do fit ?
Strange! The Valeo part number looks to be correct for a Berlingo / Partner. Was there a part number on the originals?
Nothing I can see. No labels.
The headlight unit is exactly the same, it’s the glass that’s wrong. Can the glass be swapped over ?
Hi - I think those ones are for the Peugeot Partner of the same era - they had slightly different bonnet lines so the glass had a different shape too. After a few years they all shared the same tin work and just had different plasticy bits clipped on around the lights.

No idea about just swapping the glass - on ours and the Renault it looks like the assemblies just clip together but there must be some pretty decent sealant in there to stop the water ingress? My guess is the clips are there to hold the assemblies together in the factory until the sealant bonds.
I think you might be right on the Partner. Ah well if I can’t send em back I’ll list em on Fleabay
I know i'ts an old thread but just incase. I bought some lights for my 2002 berlingo van and I received the same lights as the OP. Turns out those lights are for a mk1 berlingo/partner and you have a mk 1.5, they changed the lights before the mk2 came out. Really hard to get 2nd hand ones on ebay.
I’d forgot all about them. I bought one off Fleabay to replace the duff one I had so now have 2 good headlights.