Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Removing trim from sliding door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The exterior door handle on the sliding door has come adrift and no longer opens the door.

I'm failing on the first part of the repair, that is removing the trim from the door. I have removed the small plastic grommets (x9) around the edge of the trim, but there is something still holding the trim in place. It looks like there may be some clips behind the armrest. I've tried pushing the armrest left, right, up and down without success.

Anyone know what I need to do to get this trim off?
(25-06-2019, 04:39 PM)iamtoo Wrote: [ -> ]The exterior door handle on the sliding door has come adrift and no longer opens the door.

I'm failing on the first part of the repair, that is removing the trim from the door. I have removed the small plastic grommets (x9) around the edge of the trim, but there is something still holding the trim in place. It looks like there may be some clips behind the armrest. I've tried pushing the armrest left, right, up and down without success.

Anyone know what I need to do to get this trim off?

Well, isn't that typical. Rolleyes

Immediately after typing my question I went outside for another try. This time I inserted a large flat-bladed screwdriver and managed to lever off one lug that was inserted into a hole in the door framework. After some more waggling of the trim I got the remaining lug out as well. Trim now removed.

Now to find out what is broken about the door handle.
i expect its the pin that runs through the handle these can be brought from ebay ...ive replaced 3 so far.