Berlingo Forum

Full Version: hello all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello,

just a short hi to all of you.
After driven many years with all kinds of saxo and 106 (I know them inside out ...) it is time for something new, a Berlingo 2005 , 1.4L 75hp (kfw)
I am completely new to Berlingos but I think engine / gearbox is pretty similar to saxo/106 (these were also 1.4L ).

thanks for this forum
Hi scatt welcome to the forum you are spot on the 1.4 engine has been used in many a Peugeot and citroen over the years so you should know your way around the berlingo 1.4
Hello and welcome !!!
Hello scatt welcome along to the to the berlingo forum, good to have you with us.
Strong name is scatt  Sick  Wink
A fella had a scatt video on his computer at work.....it was german ..... thats all im saying....??
Hi!

The only big difference between the 1.4 in your 'new' Berlingo and those you've worked on before is that your new one should have a an automatic tensioner on the timing belt. (It was added in 2003)
Oh, and the clutch is a 200mm instead of a 180mm set.
(The 200mm clutch set and flywheel is slightly heavier, so the engine keeps the speed slightly easier, but also looses a little bit of response. Surprisingly, the 180mm parts will fit just fine... )

I think you'll also find that a lot of the suspension is the same as on your Saxo.

So...
Where's the pictures of the Berlingo?
(17-07-2019, 04:52 PM)scatt Wrote: [ -> ]hello,

just a short hi to all of you.
After driven many years with all kinds of saxo and 106 (I know them inside out ...) it is time for something new, a Berlingo 2005 , 1.4L 75hp (kfw)
I am completely new to Berlingos but I think engine / gearbox is pretty similar to saxo/106 (these were also 1.4L ).

thanks for this forum

Welcome aboard the rollercoaster...!
(21-07-2019, 10:33 PM)Art b Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome aboard the rollercoaster...!

You may want to check out the suspension on your Berlingo.
It's supposed to feel more like a Magic Carpet ride than a Rollercoaster...