Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Fast idle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
My 05 Berlingo non turbo diesel idles around 1100rpm. I've had a look and as per photo is this the screw that needs adjusting? I've put a coin to show exact location, also what should the revs be?[attachment=4753]
You need to check the fast idle settings first before touching that screw and even then you need to read the manual carefully for proceedure.
For what it's worth my experience is " that " setting doesn't usually need adjusting.
My 1.9 non turbo (2005) idles at around 1200 rpm, hot or cold. As it otherwise runs beautifully, I don't want to tinker with it. The last time I tried to do what should have been a relatively straighforward job, I messed it up and was off the road for 3 days while my local garage sorted it!

John
As geoff says fast idle problem.

The fast idle wax stat can pack up or if controlled by the ecu it works on vacuum via solenoids - the vacuum pipe can split and loose vacuum thus the vehicle stays in fast idle.

Ive seen loads of them do one of the above - easy fix
We have had 2 Berlingos with the 1.9 DW* engine both from new and both have a faster idle speed than I expected but the first did 180000 miles and our current Romahome is jsut short of 100000miles with no engine problems