Berlingo Forum

Full Version: radiator removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
m49 1.9d can you remove the rad with out using ramps im in my 70s and lying under cars is something i try to avoid so if i can carryout the job from above ill be happy
Yes easily .................................. I've done one.
thank you
(14-09-2019, 05:34 PM)Jimmy Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]m49 1.9d can you remove the rad with out using ramps im in my 70s and lying under cars is something i try to avoid so if i can carryout the job from above ill be happy

Hi Jimmy . Removing a rad on a Mk 1 isn't so easy , you will need to remove the Offside wheel to get at the bottom hose which you will NOT get at otherwise . The bottom hose is the fly in the ointment and has a stupid clip [ not a simple worm drive clip ] but a clip which sits into a slot and holds the bottom hose in position . It has a rubber seal which squeezes between the hose end which is plastic [ the rubber hose is vulcanised onto a plastic end tube which then fits inside the radiator . ] and the radiator , these tend to seize in so be prepared to fit a bottom hose as well , these hoses are complex and expensive but well worth getting one before you try to remove the rad . Once you've got the idea of how the bottom hose is fitted the rest is easy . Don't forget your anti -freeze but I would suggest you test for leaks with plain water before you put in £20 worth of fluid . Hope that helps , but be prepared it can be awkward . !!    Graham.
thanks for that information have done a dry run removed every thing bar that hose my local garage who got the rad for is open tomorrow so ill carryout the beside them and if i get stuck im shure they will help me