Berlingo Forum

Full Version: How much should i ask for my Berlingo van?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have just joined the forum, 

now my question is could i have your thoughts on what is a fair price to ask for my 2005 Berlingo 1.9 D Enterpriise van that has done only  56,000 genuine miles? its in good all round clean condition and runs and drives great has had many new parts inc timing belt/alternator/water pump/clutch/exhaust/heater plugs/steering pump/ all within the last 5000 miles  with MOT till Feb 2020, thats the good part the not so good part is that the airbag light is on and it needs a new drivers side mirror, selling due to loss of licence for health reasons, hope i have posted this in the right place.

Thanks in advance Sean.
£1500 sounds good to me.
(06-10-2019, 08:04 PM)egnsean Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I have just joined the forum, 

now my question is could i have your thoughts on what is a fair price to ask for my 2005 Berlingo 1.9 D Enterpriise van that has done only  56,000 genuine miles? its in good all round clean condition and runs and drives great has had many new parts inc timing belt/alternator/water pump/clutch/exhaust/heater plugs/steering pump/ all within the last 5000 miles  with MOT till Feb 2020, thats the good part the not so good part is that the airbag light is on and it needs a new drivers side mirror, selling due to loss of licence for health reasons, hope i have posted this in the right place.

Thanks in advance Sean.

Hi Geoff

I didn't think that much due to the airbag light being on and the broken mirror but i have no clue of prices, thank you for your reply.
Kind regards Sean
Airbag light - check the plugs under the seats as a common fault / easy fix.

Mirror - cheap on Ebay and quick fix.
(06-10-2019, 09:20 PM)geoff Wrote: [ -> ]Airbag light - check the plugs under the seats as a common fault / easy fix.

Mirror - cheap on Ebay and quick fix.

Cheers Geoff

will do.
^^^ Unplug and then refit usually does it.
Is that mirror heated or have electrical adjustment?

If not, it's just 'pop off the plastic cover on the inside, remove 3 screws, toss the old and instal the new'.
Mirrors with wires are a bit more fiddly.
(They really aren't designed to be replaced because the wires aren't spliced where you expect them to be. I've seen mechanics just cut them and also cut the wires of the new mirror and solder the wires on the new mirror to the wires in the door.)
No wires and it's a minute job. With wires it takes a few more minutes.
Crimp connectors can also be used if one doesn't want to use a soldering iron.
(Doing it 'right' means removing the door card)

You may soon find that your car is worth a lot more than £1500...