Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Weird electrical issues..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,
Back again with another issue with my Berlingo  Huh

2010 - Citroen Berlingo, 1.6HDI Long, Manual Transmission.

This issue doesn't seem to have a pattern, it will just happen when it simply wants too and i dont know where to start looking.

Sometimes when im driving, the windscreen wipers will automatically flick on once and at the same time the radio display unit/ center console screen will turn off and back on quickly.
This is extremely annoying because..
1. My windscreen wipers make a horrible noise when turned on when its not raining
2. If im listening to music via Bluetooth, it pauses my song and i need to wait for it to re-connect.

I also noticed that the pause,next song, volume up controls on the side of the steering wheel WILL NOT work after this has happened.

Example 1....
Turn on my car first thing in the morning and drive to work, im able to skip songs etc etc. Then this weird electrical issue happens and suddenly im unable to use that function anymore until i turn my car off? Not to mention i look like a numpty activating my front windscreen wipers on a 35 degree Celsius day haha.

I honestly dont know where to start looking and i think even an auto sparky may be a bit confused.
I dont know how the front windscreen wipers are even related to the center console display but as i stated before, if the center console feels the need to automatically 'reboot', then the front windscreen wiper will trigger just once.

Any input is appreciated, or anyone that has or HAS had the same problem.
It’s just a guess, but may be the comms unit, ie indicator & wiper module, as the radio control plugs into this & can therefore affect what happens to the radio & wipers.
They are quite a common part for failure.
Lighty, 

Thanks for your reply.

Suggest replacing that whole unit?
Requires removing steering wheel im assuming, ive done it before on an older jap car.
(24-10-2019, 06:29 AM)diien Wrote: [ -> ]Lighty, 

Thanks for your reply.

Requires removing steering wheel im assuming, ive done it before on an older jap car.

Yes, the indicator & wiper unit fit around the steering column, so you need to remove the airbag & steering wheel..
(29-10-2019, 06:58 AM)Lighty Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-10-2019, 06:29 AM)diien Wrote: [ -> ]Lighty, 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the indicator & wiper unit fit around the steering column, so you need to remove the airbag & steering wheel..

Im finding it very hard to find the unit i need, it needs to have 4 stalks as per my current setup, i may need to take the steering wheel off to look for a part number before i can go searching..
Should of known a euro car in Australia wasnt the best idea haha
If you have 4 stalks, the bottom left will be cruise control? The bottom stalks can both be removed, there's a small catch at the back of them that needs to be pushed in, then the stalks will pull out. You'll still need to find the right part number for the main COM2000 unit, but the stalks can be refitted.
Just a thought, is that Bluetooth system you have an addition to the standard setup?
(01-11-2019, 09:04 AM)cancunia Wrote: [ -> ]If you have 4 stalks, the bottom left will be cruise control? The bottom stalks can both be removed, there's a small catch at the back of them that needs to be pushed in, then the stalks will pull out. You'll still need to find the right part number for the main COM2000 unit, but the stalks can be refitted.
Just a thought, is that Bluetooth system you have an addition to the standard setup?

Hi Cancunia,

Yes bottom left is cruise control, bottom right is volume control and the ability to skip or select previous songs.
Must of been an option pack from Citroen as my Berlingo looks bone stock.
Stock centre control display as well.

I dont know what is going on with the COM2000 unit to be honest, i dont think its the individual stalks itself, but more so the actual COMM2000 unit?
I will need to take it apart to get the part number one of these days as it is really annoying having the windscreen wipers randomly turn on and my centre console display randomly turning on and off