Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Interior light not coming on when I open the doors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, need some help with my interior light.
Works fine if I switch it on manually, but doesn't come on when I open the driver or passenger doors.
Any ideas??
Thanks......
what age ,model have you got ?
the early models have a switch in the door frame that stops working due to age etc, it is easy to replace .
Check switches on doors. If they are ok than you need to
check if you have short circuit in lighting. If there was once
short circuit than you have to do BSI reset of power outputs.
Be careful you can only do BSI power output reset 9 times.
After that you need to buy new BSI unit !!!

I have attached BSI power output reset procedure.
Read it carefully. Check for shorts before reset procedure.

Best regards,
brajomobil 

[attachment=4976]
It's a 2012 memo van. Have looked but cant see any physical switches which confused me. Also, it doesn't work when you open either front door. Load space light still comes on when you open the rear doors though. Just weird!!
(21-01-2020, 09:35 AM)brajomobil Wrote: [ -> ]Check switches on doors. If they are ok than you need to
check if you have short circuit in lighting. If there was once
short circuit than you have to do BSI reset of power outputs.
Be careful you can only do BSI power output reset 9 times.
After that you need to buy new BSI unit !!!

I have attached BSI power output reset procedure.
Read it carefully. Check for shorts before reset procedure.

Best regards,
brajomobil 

That's interesting, especially the warning about towbars. I seem to remember seeing something about this when using Lexia but didn't know what it was relating to until now.

Back on topic...

Do the lights come on inside when you unlock the door? Only other thing that comes to mind is that maybe the switch on the light itself has got dirty so that it only works in the permanently on position?
might sound daft but it is a three way rocker switch from memory - is it in the middle position?
Yeah, in centre position and also doesn't come on with the central locking being unlocked, but works fine when physically switched on......
There are 3 wires coming to light.
1: - Ground, 2: +12v from BSI ,3: +12v permanent/constant.

When you toggle switch to 3 than light is on.
If you toggle switch to 2 then BSI needs to send +12v
In your case BSI is not sending +12V, hence no automatic light.

Best regards,
brajomobil
(21-01-2020, 09:38 AM)Scotland1976 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a 2012 memo van. Have looked but cant see any physical switches which confused me. Also, it doesn't work when you open either front door. Load space light still comes on when you open the rear doors though. Just weird!!

There are no visible switches, the pickup sensors are built into the door locks.