Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Towing with a B9 auto box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wanted to tow a heavier trailer with my auto 30k miles B9. Any folk tow 900kg trailers or small caravan. Any thoughts on downside to problems. Appreciate any feedback ....honest..
At 30k I wouldn't think you'd have issues with any auto, but 900kg is more than even the vans are rated to carry, so not sure if that will overload the drivetrain.

Is it a 2.0 TDI you have?
Morning Zion... sorry 30K is the mileage.. engine is 1.6... 90 hp engine . was under impression that B9 unbraked was 750kg and braked trailer was 1150kg????
I'm allowed to tow a 750 kg trailer with no breaks, and a 1300 kg trailer with breaks.
My Berlingo got a 109 hp petrol engine.
Just had a look through the handbook for our Multispace and all the references on towing weights seem to refer to manual gearboxes only.
(23-03-2020, 08:45 AM)jeb1 Wrote: [ -> ]Morning Zion... sorry 30K is the mileage.. engine is 1.6... 90 hp engine . was under impression that B9 unbraked was 750kg and braked trailer was 1150kg????

Hi mate, yeah I meant on such low mileage your gearbox should be mint, but I'd check in the handbook for the towing limit for an auto. Don't want to burn your clutches out eh.