Berlingo Forum

Full Version: OBD scanners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks, 
Looking for some help in deciding if it’s worth buying an OBD11 Scanner and if so which one would you recommend.
Thanks,
Dave.
Generally they aren't much use on a PSA vehicle as most items are proprietary but I can recommend the Foxwell NT530 which comes with one free vehicle software as standard and you can add others. I had an Audi when I bought mine, was about £115 new, added BMW/Mini as the wife's car is a Mini Cooper, then added PSA (Citroen/Peugeot) when I bought my current van.

AT £48 per extra vehicle it may seem a bit expensive, but it will last for years, has near dealer-level coding and reading ability on most cars and is really well built. Updates are free for life online.

I wanted that so I can diagnose at the roadside when need be, and it is brilliant. Generic OBDII scanners are pretty useless, limited to reading emissions readiness and a vague fault code number with no proper description,this one has all manufacturer fault codes fully explained and is my goto if I can't be bothered to lug the laptop and Lexia / Diagbox out (which is the daddy for PSA) - it also allows live data reading and logging so you can record sensor data and live faults as you drive.

If you want to code options and really dig into the car, get a Lexia Diagbox (plenty of threads online on setting it up) but if you're keen but not PC handy, get a Foxwell NT510/530.

There is a UK Foxwell dealership in wales, you can buy online. Be sure where you are getting it from as the support options mean you have to get support from the supplying dealer in the country you bought it from.
Hi Zion,
The Foxwell is one of the scanners I have been looking at, and the prices for it are quite good. Apparently you need a Windows PC to do the upgrades as it is not compatible with Macs. I do have a way round that however, so will just have to make a decision on which scanner to go with.
Thanks for your help.

Dave.
You're very welcome. The Foxwell app needs you to create a login, and register the scanner serial number and then pick one free car brand to install. There is no Citroen to choose, they specify Peugeot but it has all models of Peugeot and Citroen bundled under that title.