Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Reverse Park Sensors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Everybody,

I have just taken delivery of a brand new Berlingo Multispace which has been converted to a wheel chair accessable vehicle. I ordered the vehicle with a automatic pack that included factory fitted reverse park sensors. However when the conversion was done, the rear bumper was removed and the sensors cut from the wiring loom to make way for a new modified bumper.

However when the reverse park sensors were refitted to the vehicle on the new bumper, they dont work. The system does beep when you reverse, but there is no feedback from the sensors. The company that did the modification dont have a solution for this and I dont think Citroen will be interested in helping as the vehicle has been modified.

Can someone offer a possible solution? I do have some experience working with vehicle electrics so only need to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks for your help in advance.

regards
James.
Hi James and welcome to the forum

I am sure that someone will be along soon with some advice, but it does surprise me that on a brand new vehicle, the supplier is just shrugging their shoulders and not fixing this.

Hope you get it sorted, and best of luck with the new car!
Welcome James. By my way of thinking the company that did the mods should be held responsible unless they gave you a specific disclaimer saying they couldn't guarantee that original equipment would work after the mods. Anything in the fine print? Good luck and hope it works out for you.

Tom
I would agree with Tom, its the modification company who are responsible, not manufactyurer
Pete
Well aparently I was informed during the test drive that this would be the case. What I did not realise is that I would be paying for an accessory and it would then become redundant. I was offered a third party system for £250 but was not interested in spending more since the factory system is still in place. Secondly £250 is quite a lot for reversing system. There has been a lot of communication back and forth and I finally decided to let it go as I wanted the vehicle. So my only hope is to get the current system working. I just need to know how...

regards
James
(22-12-2011, 12:32 PM)jblpro150 Wrote: [ -> ]Well aparently I was informed during the test drive that this would be the case. What I did not realise is that I would be paying for an accessory and it would then become redundant. I was offered a third party system for £250 but was not interested in spending more since the factory system is still in place. Secondly £250 is quite a lot for reversing system. There has been a lot of communication back and forth and I finally decided to let it go as I wanted the vehicle. So my only hope is to get the current system working. I just need to know how...

regards
James

They broke your OEM system, they have to repair it: i don't see where the problem is in that? It is their error, don't let this one go.
After you guys insisted, I went back to the company that did the modification and had several conversations with their engineer. It turns out that there are only two sensors mounted out of the four as they have to cut the centre section of the bumper. Also although mounted, the two sensors are disconnected.

I have now asked them to return the remaining two sensors and the disconnected loom. May be I can work something out my self.

Another Question: If I lengthen the wires connecting the sensors, will it affect the performance of the system?

(25-12-2011, 07:38 AM)jblpro150 Wrote: [ -> ]Another Question: If I lengthen the wires connecting the sensors, will it affect the performance of the system?

No.
I assume the new bumper that's been fitted is in 3 parts,a right,left and a centre piece that goes up and down with the wheelchair ramp?

Is the centre section a plastic bumper like the original,or part of the steel ramp?
If it's plastic there shouldn't be any problem re-fitting the original sensors,but if it's steel then it's going to give a false reading.

The other alternative is to fit a reversing camera,with a small lcd screen mounted on the dashtop which you can pick up for probably less than the £200 they want to charge you for fitting a new sensor kit.
It is a split in the centre section and is similar to the picture below. Also does anyone which side the connector to the main loom lies (rear right or rear left?)

[Image: 24exu8y.jpg]

regards
Pages: 1 2