Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Fuel gauge not working & probable com 2000 problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have two problems on my Berlingo 2.0 Hdi multispace Desire 2004:

A year ago the fuel gauge got stuck on quarter full (I ran out of fuel because of it), then over the course of a week the needle made its way down to empty, where it's sat ever since.

Other problem:
Right indicator blinks 2/3 times then dipped beam comes on and indicator stops. The right indicator works fine with the sidelights or main beam on ...
however, a few days ago Full Beam came on of it's own accord and would not turn off not even after the key had been removed from the ignition and the car locked ... so I disconnected the battery.

The peugeot garage advised me that the indicator/light problem is most likely the Com 2000 unit and the fuel gauge either the sender or the guage or the wiring.

Thanks to the "How to" tutorial on here, I've taken off my Com 2000 unit and have ordered a new replacement to hopefully rectify the indicator/lights problem.

Any tips or advice gratefully welcome on the fuel guage problem and also any opinions on the indicator/lights problem welcome.

Thanks!
Hi.
I can explain you smth. only about fuel gauge.
Dismount fuel tank and replace this gauge.
It will be cheaper than to repair it.
And please don't forget to replace rubber O-ring on it.
Anyone know how to test the actual fuel guage itself to see if it's working ok?
(27-12-2011, 08:04 AM)Berlin_Go Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know how to test the actual fuel guage itself to see if it's working ok?

You can use Lexia to test gauges & test output from sender.

(27-12-2011, 01:47 PM)BlueBlingo Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-12-2011, 08:04 AM)Berlin_Go Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know how to test the actual fuel guage itself to see if it's working ok?

You can use Lexia to test gauges & test output from sender.

Thanks ... what is Lexia?
Put new Com 2000 unit in on Thurs and that seems to have solved the indicator/headlight problems ... as described in the "how to" section, the whole thing fitted together very easily and it was handy that I took photos to refer to when I removed the old unit.

Have posted up a new thread as the power steering seems to be heavy now ... and I've still got the fuel broken fuel gauge unresolved - am looking for a few pointers on both of those regarding practical steps I can take as I am no mechanic or auto-electrician!