Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Lap belt on three front seat berlingo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all looking for advice.

Currently have three front seats in van with the bulkhead where middle seat has a three point seat belt harness. I would like to keep all three seats.

I know I can remove bulkhead and MOT will not be failed. However..... if I changed middle seat to lap belt will this constitute a fail???
If your existing bulkhead has a three point fixing then I don't see how you can remove it and still get an MOT as the upper mounting point for the middle seat belt will be missing.

I have just had a look at wife's van (2013, B9) which does not have the full bulkhead but does have the 'ladder' type behind the driver's seat. The middle seat belt goes up through a runner on the ladder so giving a three-point arrangement. I don't think you will be allowed a lap belt for the middle seat but might be worth a chat with your local MOT station. Perhaps look for a ladder bulkhead from a scrappy (assuming these are available for your model).
(08-11-2020, 11:28 AM)Pedronicus Wrote: [ -> ]If your existing bulkhead has a three point fixing then I don't see how you can remove it and still get an MOT as the upper mounting point for the middle seat belt will be missing.

I have just had a look at wife's van (2013, B9) which does not have the full bulkhead but does have the 'ladder' type behind the driver's seat.  The middle seat belt goes up through a runner on the ladder so giving a three-point arrangement.  I don't think you will be allowed a lap belt for the middle seat but might be worth a chat with your local MOT station.  Perhaps look for a ladder bulkhead from a scrappy (assuming these are available for your model).

Thanks for info will carry on hunting and ask at our MOT place. Cheers
The middle rear seat in a Berlingo car has 3 point belt, the fitting is mounted in the roof.

Peter
(10-11-2020, 07:33 AM)Romahomepete Wrote: [ -> ]The middle rear seat in a Berlingo car has 3 point belt, the fitting is mounted in the roof.

Peter
I think we are talking about the front three seats option in a van here.
Yes I understand that but it might provide inspiration.

Peter
I have the 2012 van and the middle belt inertia reel is mounted on the ladder frame near the left shoulder area of the driver's seat.