Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Photo upload
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Speaking as a technophobe !! Can someone explain to me (in laymans terms)how do you upload a photo to your thread ,and add links, i have searched the how to threads but didn't find anything !!thanks
(23-02-2021, 12:06 PM)my mucker Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking as a technophobe !! Can someone  explain to me (in laymans terms)how do you upload a photo to your thread ,and add links, i have searched the how to threads but didn't  find anything !!thanks

Look below the reply box, having started your reply, and it has a blue banner, Attachments.  Below that shows New Attchment. Choose file  box - click this - and add the photo from your device.   Then click box that says Add Attachment (RHS).
That's Miller, my technical advsor.
I tend to use https://postimages.org/ - It's free and easy to use

You upload your pics and have a myriad of options to copy and paste into a post. If you paste in the "hotlink for forums" it drops the pic in at full size ie not as a thumbnail.

It can make for long posts if you paste in a lot of pics but there's no need to keep opening and closing new windows.

Saves filling the server up as well. Hopefully they will not do what Photobucket did a few years ago and hold everyone to ransom. Resulted in a lot of holes in forums!
Thank you both very much ,Oilyrag i sought of got it i think !! I want to take a photo of some wires which are hanging down from loom , just above n/s front leg up in the corner,it also has a 3pin connector attatched,just want to know what it could be used for ???
Start typing the first word or two of your post into the Quick Reply box at the end of a thread, then click on Preview Post below it. This will take you to a full editor where you can change the font, insert links and other things, and at the bottom of that editing window is where you'll find buttons for uploading stuff.
Ok, cheers R thank you for responding ,very good of you ,
Ok, just tried it and no joy !!! I'll have to see it done first ,i am a monkey see monkey do type of person if you know what i mean !! Oooooh i didn't expect that ,what i done i cant remember ,!! This is 100yds from my front garden
If posting an instructional post that shows how to do something (eg. Timing belt change) it's best to load any images as attachments to the post, this way they are on the forum and remain on the post.
If you link to the image that is hosted on a site and the site or image is removed so is the image in the post on the forum.

We've all seen posts on forums where the images have disappeared as the hosting site has either gone or they want payment to host the images.

Thank you JJ,but i wont be posting instructional posts !! I am more of a pupil than a teacher,i wish i could to be honest,as i said above .i am a monkey see monkey do guy !!thank you all for replying, cheers
(24-02-2021, 11:02 AM)my mucker Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you JJ,but i wont be posting instructional posts !! I am more of a pupil than a teacher,i wish i could to be honest,as i said above .i am a monkey see monkey do guy !!thank you all for replying,  cheers

That's a grand view! All you did wrong was to choose the wrong image - could have been worse ! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2