Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Key Remote Locking Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello, 

My Central locking with the key is no longer unlocking/locking. The lock button inside of the vehicle will lock/unlock all the doors but i cannot get it to go with the key. 

Any suggestions?
So does it unlock any doors with the key? Or are you meaning just the remote button doesn’t work?

I’ve had a few key issues
Try opening the fob and doing these tests:
1. try pressing the small surface-mount switches directly, without the rubber fob buttons on top of them.
2. If they don't work, try replacing the coin cell.
3. If the switches do work, get a new fob of the same design and put its new rubber buttons into your current fob.

I take it you don't have a spare fob key.
(03-03-2021, 04:17 PM)LukeClark Wrote: [ -> ]So does it unlock any doors with the key? Or are you meaning just the remote button doesn’t work?

Yes it unlocks if i put the key in the door but not the remote buttons
(03-03-2021, 04:23 PM)Rasputin Wrote: [ -> ]Try opening the fob and doing these tests:
1. try pressing the small surface-mount switches directly, without the rubber fob buttons on top of them.
2. If they don't work, try replacing the coin cell.
3. If the switches do work, get a new fob of the same design and put its new rubber buttons into your current fob.

I take it you don't have a spare fob key.

Hello. Yes i have tried all of the above :Sad and i dont have a spare key to try
(03-03-2021, 04:51 PM)TiiTcHY Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2021, 04:17 PM)LukeClark Wrote: [ -> ]So does it unlock any doors with the key? Or are you meaning just the remote button doesn’t work?

Ok, so the small little micro switches on the circuit board don’t work either when you press them when the case is removed? And it’s a brand new battery?

If the small micro switches don’t work I doubt it’ll need a new plastic fob, it sounds like a connection issue. You can buy the micro switches on eBay super cheap. It  may be a soldering joint gone, which ive foubd camera repair places repair cheaply.
(03-03-2021, 05:20 PM)LukeClark Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2021, 04:51 PM)TiiTcHY Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok, so the small little micro switches on the circuit board don’t work either when you press them when the case is removed? And it’s a brand new battery?

If the small micro switches don’t work I doubt it’ll need a new plastic fob, it sounds like a connection issue. You can buy the micro switches on eBay super cheap. It  may be a soldering joint gone, which ive foubd camera repair places repair cheaply.
[quote pid='132076' dateline='1614792048']
Yes it doesnt work with the case removed either and yes it is a new battery. 

i have recently put new micro switches on there and they were working fine. I did just change the radio but cant see that causing an issue?
[/quote]
(03-03-2021, 02:28 PM)TiiTcHY Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, 

My Central locking with the key is no longer unlocking/locking. The lock button inside of the vehicle will lock/unlock all the doors but i cannot get it to go with the key. 

Any suggestions?

Is the battery the right way round ?  Big Grin
(03-03-2021, 06:12 PM)ffrenchie Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2021, 02:28 PM)TiiTcHY Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, 

Any suggestions?

Is the battery the right way round ?  Big Grin

Haha yes it is
Changing the radio is your issue. It is not just a radio - it is part of the car's central control system including the central locking. It is linked via a data bus to the multi function display (LCD panel on top of the dashboard) and in that is chips which are part of the central locking system.

Search this forum for others who have had problems when swapping radios. The problems vary and are not usually to do with the keys, but can be.
Pages: 1 2 3