Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Radio upgrade antenna options?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thinking of upgrading the headunit in my 2013 multispace and understand the need for a connects2 kit to control the upper lcd. What I would like to know is has anyone updated the antenna to one that has dab and gps? I know that I would need to route the new wires but has anyone got any links to a suitable replacement base and antenna?
I’m in the process of doing this now !! I’m actually struggling abit myself, I’ve bought a new kenwood 8020 dab and went to Citroen and purchased all the new looms and Ariel, in 2015 their new dab Ariel only had dab and fm, they now have fm, dab and gps. I didn’t know this until ordering them. I got a second hand Ariel base out of a 17 but it only had 2 wires so I had to buy the updated one. I’m hoping all 3 will be able to go into the head unit and be a tidier install. The problem I’m having is mines is a RD45 head unit with Bluetooth 2014. Most of the connects 2 specify for the RD4 head unit, their interface as well moves the reversing sensors to the rear speakers and obviously I don’t have any! But connects 2 is saying their interface might not work with my head unit ??‍♂️.
Never tried it but the connects 2 interface has to speak Canbus to interact with the MFD screen. I have the RD45 and don't intend disturbing it. Too much hassle and cost to retain all the functionality you lose. So all MFDs and OEM Citroen stereos speak Canbus...can't see why it wouldn't work. You'll lose the cabin mic and Bluetooth too of course, along with the Google assistant integration of the indicator stalk end button to trigger your phone for voice command if you dump the RD45.

But with the cable you will still be able to control the display. Also with DiagBox on a van you can of course move the reversing warning to the dash sounder as I said. But you need to move it before you take the old stereo out as It controls a lot of functions on the vehicle and the options all  disappear from DiagBox when it is no longer there.
(10-03-2021, 06:43 AM)Zion Wrote: [ -> ]Never tried it but the connects 2 interface has to speak Canbus to interact with the MFD screen. I have the RD45 and don't intend disturbing it. Too much hassle and cost to retain all the functionality you lose. So all MFDs and OEM Citroen stereos speak Canbus...can't see why it wouldn't work. You'll lose the cabin mic and Bluetooth too of course, along with the Google assistant integration of the indicator stalk end button to trigger your phone for voice command if you dump the RD45.

But with the cable you will still be able to control the display. Also with DiagBox on a van you can of course move the reversing warning to the dash sounder as I said. But you need to move it before you take the old stereo out as It controls a lot of functions on the vehicle and the options all  disappear from DiagBox when it is no longer there.

I also think that RD45 is the best option, it has everything you need minus the gps part, but for that use the phone it's much better Smile
Yep, and the sound is actually superb if you go into audio settings and put each input equaliser (all need set individually - cd, radio, phone, aux etc) to "Techno" then crank the treble up to +9 and bass to what ever you can stand. Mine is thumping deep at +2

Playing some Damien "Junior Gong" Marley is epic. Without that setting turned on, it sounds like any other tinny van radio but with Techno mode engaged, it pounds out the bass.
(10-03-2021, 09:30 AM)Zion Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, and the sound is actually superb if you go into audio settings and put each input equaliser (all need set individually - cd, radio, phone, aux etc)  to "Techno" then crank the treble up to +9 and bass to what ever you can stand. Mine is thumping deep at +2

Playing some Damien "Junior Gong" Marley is epic. Without that setting turned on, it sounds like any other tinny van radio but with Techno mode engaged, it pounds out the bass.

how do you set the treble, bass etc? mine only has presets to set for each input.
The button with the music note on it, then keep pressing it, that scrolls through all of the settings with each press, one at a time and loops round them all in sequence. When you get to the one you want to change, use the arrow keys round the OK button to change the values or settings. Then leave it to go off the menu by itself or press ESC to exit.

Next time you press that button, it brings up the menu setting you left it on last time, press it again repeatedly to get to the other settings.
I will try but I remember that there is no equalizer on mine, just the presets like Pop/Dance etc..
It appears that there are some variations of the RD45 and not all of them has the same functions/settings.
I have the variant with the bluetooth inside, not the box behind the cd player.
It should be there. Set the preset (which is the equaliser) to "Techno"....then look for the bass and treble. Techno is a massive improvement. The preset needs set independently for all inputs.
(11-03-2021, 07:22 PM)Zion Wrote: [ -> ]It should be there. Set the preset (which is the equaliser) to "Techno"....then look for the bass and treble. Techno is a massive improvement. The preset needs set independently for all inputs.

I done it yesterday, it’s a big improvement.
Pages: 1 2 3