Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Broken indicator stalk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone.
I have a 2001 Berlingo 1.4 litre petrol.
Love this car!!!
Stupidly broke off the indicator/ headlamp stalk yesterday by accident and now using pliers to indicate whilst waiting for parts to arrive!!!
There is two black wires coming from inside the stalk to the steering column, can I wire these with a 12 v switch to make the headlamps come on and off?
Any help would be great otherwise no kightine driving for me until replacement stalk arrives.

Also, any generic mufflers I can use for this car, parts so hard to find in Australia!!!
Thank you.
Do the lights flash when you touch the wires together ? If they do you can wire them as a flasher but use a momentary switch. Mufflers or silencers use whatever you can find in the right exhaust bore, get the welder out and make something fit.
(11-10-2021, 08:15 AM)ffrenchie Wrote: [ -> ]Do the lights flash when you touch the wires together ? If they do you can wire them as a flasher but use a momentary switch. Mufflers or silencers use whatever you can find in the right exhaust bore, get the welder out and make something fit.

Thanks, just had an electrican mate look and he reckons it is worth a shot so I will give it a crack tomorrow night and let you know.
Will follow your advice about the muffler thanks.