Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Sliding Door Mis-alignment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm currently looking to buy a used 3rd gen Berlingo XL (2018-2020) - because they are generally so good!

However, of those I have seen so far (four), all have a noticeable mis-alignment of the passenger sliding door.  That is:

- the driver's side sliding door does not close as tightly to the car body as the passenger side sliding door, at the top of the door
-  as such, the 'front/leading' edge of the sliding door on the drivers side does not sit flush with the 'back' edge of the drivers door - resulting in a step of a few millimetres between the two doors
- the horizontal gap between the two door edges increases from the bottom of the door to top, resulting in the rubbers not mating correctly at the top.

In comparison the passenger side door alignment is always 100% on the same cars and I've not seen this issue on standard length Berlingo's.

For one of the cars sold by a Citroen garage, the workshop tried to correct this by adjusting the sliding door locking guides etc, but with little success and concluded this is just is how it is and nothing to worry about...

I wonder if anyone else has noticed/experienced this?  Have you been able to fix it?  I'm wondering if it appears over time with wear or an unfortunate manufacturing niggle. And if it's just cosmetic and nothing to worry about or or could get worse and cause a leak, wind noise etc?

Thank you!
I suspect this is within the parameters of 'normal' production standards. I've got a 2020 standard length van, and the larger of the 2 rear 'barn' doors always looks as if it hasn't shut properly, except at the top - further down it stands proud by a few mm compared to the other door. Also a section of the rubber seal keeps sticking out at the top (so that it traps between the door and the body), despite the fact that I keep pushing it in place with my thumbnail. But no leaks as yet.
It's more likely to be the driver's door that is misaligned as it gets a lot more use than the sliding passenger door and the doors on the other side. The driver door seal looks to be more mangled and the door top is further out. To level that gap you would need to lift the rear of the sliding door or drop the rear of the driver's door. If there's no wind noise when driving and the door seals I wouldn't worry about it.
(11-11-2021, 11:48 PM)PaulCos Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I'm currently looking to buy a used 3rd gen Berlingo XL (2018-2020) - because they are generally so good!

However, of those I have seen so far (four), all have a noticeable mis-alignment of the passenger sliding door.  That is:

- the driver's side sliding door does not close as tightly to the car body as the passenger side sliding door, at the top of the door
-  as such, the 'front/leading' edge of the sliding door on the drivers side does not sit flush with the 'back' edge of the drivers door - resulting in a step of a few millimetres between the two doors
- the horizontal gap between the two door edges increases from the bottom of the door to top, resulting in the rubbers not mating correctly at the top.

In comparison the passenger side door alignment is always 100% on the same cars and I've not seen this issue on standard length Berlingo's.

For one of the cars sold by a Citroen garage, the workshop tried to correct this by adjusting the sliding door locking guides etc, but with little success and concluded this is just is how it is and nothing to worry about...

I wonder if anyone else has noticed/experienced this?  Have you been able to fix it?  I'm wondering if it appears over time with wear or an unfortunate manufacturing niggle. And if it's just cosmetic and nothing to worry about or or could get worse and cause a leak, wind noise etc?

Thank you!

Check if there are black round rubber washers/brackets present. They're just glued on the door and the chassis and tend to fall off weeks after purchase
(20-11-2021, 09:17 AM)pulstar Wrote: [ -> ]Check if there are black round rubber washers/brackets present. They're just glued on the door and the chassis and tend to fall off weeks after purchase

I'm not sure if they're even glued on - they might fix into place with some kind of weird nanotechnology or something similar. One of mine fell off shortly after purchase and, as part of tinkering about trying to see where it had fallen from, I just put it back into position within the doorframe - no glue or anything - and, even though it's on a vertical face, it's stayed there ever since.
Can you photo the items so that I can identify what you are talking about and their position?
(29-11-2021, 03:59 PM)uk_friendly_fire Wrote: [ -> ]Can you photo the items so that I can identify what you are talking about and their position?

I've attached a couple of pics, though I've realised these might not be relevant to the OP's question, which is about the sliding door (these rubber 'buttons' are only on the frames of the hinged doors).
[attachment=6950][attachment=6951]