Berlingo Forum

Full Version: New (and so far pleased) Berlingo Owner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Have had my Berlingo for 2 weeks.

2018 Berlingo Enterprise panel van 1.6HDI (don’t know the model code).

Really enjoying the practicality of a van.

Only problem so far encountered is the cruise control. 

Worked perfectly for 2 weeks when needed but yesterday wouldn’t engage.

Haven’t tried since so may be trawling through your posts if it doesn’t work again.
Welcome.

If you still get problems with the CC, there's a fair amount of experience on here. It will be useful to know the model variant that you have, chances are that it's a K9, but could also be a late B9. There are plenty of pictures online to guide, but if in doubt just post a picture in the forum and someone will help.
Check and clean the trailer plug socket if equipped. Any shorts/current leaks in brake light circuit there would cause CC to disengage.
(24-11-2022, 11:59 AM)boop Wrote: [ -> ]Check and clean the trailer plug socket if equipped. Any shorts/current leaks in brake light circuit there would cause CC to disengage.

Hey Boop 

Thanks for that, I’ve had it working today…

I was on a Motorway when it failed to engage, it was raining and there was a lot of spray.

It does have a tow bar/electrics so likely it could have been water in the socket as you advised.

Might well try to fashion a water resistant/proof cover for the electrics connection.

Thanks again! ?
(24-11-2022, 09:10 AM)cancunia Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome.

If you still get problems with the CC, there's a fair amount of experience on here. It will be useful to know the model variant that you have, chances are that it's a K9, but could also be a late B9. There are plenty of pictures online to guide, but if in doubt just post a picture in the forum and someone will help.

Thank you Cancunia

All seems ok with the cruise now, Boop advised water in the towing electrics possibly and I rather think this is probably the cause given the conditions I was driving in.
Is it the latest model with a camera based ACC or the previous body with no adaptive CC?
(24-11-2022, 05:44 PM)Emperor888 Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-11-2022, 09:10 AM)cancunia Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome.

Thank you Cancunia

All seems ok with the cruise now, Boop advised water in the towing electrics possibly and I rather this is probably the cause given the conditions I was driving in.

Sorry forgot to ask…

How do I find out if mine is a K9 or B9?
(24-11-2022, 05:45 PM)boop Wrote: [ -> ]Is it the latest model with a camera based ACC or the previous body with no adaptive CC?

Just CC I believe, there’s no camera.
It's fairly easy to see the differences by the headlights & grille layout.

Look on the forum sections and you'll see a small picture of each, or simply google an image of a 2022 Berlingo, I don't think there are any 2022 B9s (happy to be corrected on that...).

https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html
Doesn't the 1.6HDi give it away? I don't know much about the K9 but I thought they were 1.5 and 1.2 engines and not using the 1.6HDi any more.