Berlingo Forum

Full Version: DPF additive pump fault
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, the dreaded yellow triangle popped up yesterday after refuelling and on scanning the codes, it seems my DPF additive pump has quit communicating. 

As you replace the fuel cap, the ECU instructs the Eolys pump to inject a dose of fluid into the diesel tank. That's why it always fails after refuelling - it will have died between fill ups but the ECU has no idea until next time the cap is removed and replaced.

It had completed a regen 9 miles ago. Last issue was low Adblue (which is nothing to do with the DPF and I topped that up, no issues) nor is it anywhere near the 100k miles (only just passed 60k) but these damned Eolys systems are the work of Satan.

Wtf was PSA thinking...my wife has a 2.0 TDi BMW mini countryman, never needs any fluid like Eolys and does regens on its own with nothing else required.

Anyway, off to the garage (my trusted Bosch diagnostic centre) on Wed for a diagnostic and repair. Canbus fault first, may be related to that but I expect the pump is dead.

Weirdly when looking at the official schematics the ESP is connected to the DPF controller, weird huh... especially since my ESP does not work, never has since I bought the van. This could be connected.

Update soon.
Hopefully it's not the pump and something else causing it.

All of this DPF / Adblue / Eolys carry on is just that, a carry on, it appears there's always something waiting to bite you with it.   Sad

Hope you get a favourable result.

Thanks JJ, and I totally agree, what a crock of s**t this Adblue / Eolys etc is. Totally unnecessary and just waiting to fail. I wouldn't mind if the parts were cheap...!

There is the Comms issue to the DPF additive pump, a LIN network fault to the alternator which occasionally causes "electrical fault - no battery charging possible" and also the ESP not doing anything at all. Hmmm...
(22-01-2023, 10:03 AM)Zion Wrote: [ -> ]As you replace the fuel cap, the ECU instructs the Eolys pump to inject a dose of fluid into the diesel tank. That's why it always fails after refuelling - it will have died between fill ups but the ECU has no idea until next time the cap is removed and replaced.

I think it's not by fuel cap replacing afte refueling but with fuel level increase after refueling.
Also I don't think the pump is bad, maybe a loose connector, or a bad wire/contact somewhere
Thought I saw a bit in diag box that tested the pump?
Yeah, there is no canbus communication with the pump, it's not responding.

I'm not messing about with it, it's going into my local Bosch service centre to be diagnosed and repaired. My free time is worth more to me the repair cost.
(22-01-2023, 11:20 AM)deejay_xb Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-01-2023, 10:03 AM)Zion Wrote: [ -> ]As you replace the fuel cap, the ECU instructs the Eolys pump to inject a dose of fluid into the diesel tank. That's why it always fails after refuelling - it will have died between fill ups but the ECU has no idea until next time the cap is removed and replaced.

I think it's not by fuel cap replacing afte refueling but with fuel level increase after refueling.
Also I don't think the pump is bad, maybe a loose connector, or a bad wire/contact somewhere

No, it detects the fuel cap being replaced.

See below, item 4320...Filler Cap Presence Switch...
[attachment=7997]

DPF Schematic: (with Filler Cap Presence Switch)
[attachment=7998]

Hopefully it will be a loose plug, which means it will cost me next to nothing but we'll see. Not laying under it on a busy public road trying to dismantle stuff. That's what garage ramps are for. I live in a city centre apartment, and don't have a driveway.
If it's by the fuel cap then that switch can be blocked so BSI does not ever detect that you remove/replace cap after refueling Smile
(23-01-2023, 02:11 PM)deejay_xb Wrote: [ -> ]If it's by the fuel cap then that switch can be blocked so BSI does not ever detect that you remove/replace cap after refueling Smile

That sounds like a worthwhile mod.

Geoff
Then it would never inject any Eolys, so would the DPF regenerate properly? I don't know. Certainly worth a try!
Pages: 1 2 3