Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Horn...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. Newbie to the site I am having problems with my 2021 berlingo van. The horn isn't working when I press the steering wheel. I can make it beep with my autel machine through the bsi active test. So the horn is OK and the wiring and fuse must be OK. Are they guilty for clock springs? Or wiring issues down the steering column? The van is still under warranty but the closest dealer is near 70 miles away and I can't really be without my van. Any help would b appreciated. Thanks ??
I think your van is too new for much comment.

Most folk who twiddle and fiddle have M59s or B9s. Folk with K9s tend to use the dealership and not mess about much themselves. Not sure you will get anywhere with your questions, but this used to be a known problem with the older vans, missing an earth to the column.
This is partly why I like to install aftermarket horns and it is what I would possibly do here if the dealership is unable to fix it.
It might be worth searching the Forum for " horn " etc as there are lots of postings for earlier models and you may get some ideas.

My M59 horn issue was solved .... see here ..

https://www.berlingoforum.com/thread-218...light=horn

Others have used an extra earthing wire at the base of the column