Berlingo Forum

Full Version: 1.9D running issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone.

A little before xmas my 2002 multi lost all power overnight, and I had no choice but to park it up and get a 1.6Hdi van. Its better in every way apart from the lack of seats, but I do get 50+ mpg and can overtake when I feel like it so I'm very pleased with it.

I'm now planning to fix my old mulitspace car and get a bit of money back from it as it's still tax'd and tested, which ain't cheap on one of those as you lot will know. I am doing the fix myself as Citroen said the engine diagnostic came up with a mine field.

If anyone has had similar issues or helpful tips I would be very grateful of some advice. Where I am so far is as follows.

Engine starts and Idles no problem. It has a Brand new battery, alternator, fuel line, very recently cleaned and refitted (by garage) injectors, plenty of clean fuel in the tank, all filters are new and the EGR is OK (also been checked by garage).

It does drive slowly until you try to accelerate and then it dies down and sometimes cuts out.

As far as I can see I'm just left with the fuel pump failing to build pressure?

Any help would be great, Thanks

James
I think you might be urinating in the wind without the fault codes.

Best you can do is hope you strike lucky changing random parts, but it's not the most cost effective way to fix it.

A cheap code reader would be a better investment than just changing another part.
Where to start is the problem! Air leak in the fuel line, Fuel pump, blocked tank breather,
clogged injectors.....duff ECU, bad ECU connections, Engine temp. sensor.....
Your cheapest fix will be to find a private repairer who knows what he's doing with a Citroen/Pug
and has Lexia. It's worth a ring round because otherwise you could be chucking £££s down the drain
part changing. Really.