Berlingo Forum

Full Version: RUBBER MATS SPRUCE UP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whats the best and most durable solution to sprucing up slightly tired looking Rubber Mats without leaving them slippy? I always hose them down to remove as much grime as possible but beginning to lose their shine ( A bit like me !!! ) Any advice much appreciated .
I usually use some of that lemon garage hand cleaner,the one with the gritty bits in,and use a stiff brush.
It gets them looking good again without any slipperyness.
(21-03-2012, 11:54 AM)taxi Wrote: [ -> ]Whats the best and most durable solution to sprucing up slightly tired looking Rubber Mats without leaving them slippy? I always hose them down to remove as much grime as possible but beginning to lose their shine ( A bit like me !!! ) Any advice much appreciated .

I use a bit of washing up liquid in warm water and the yard broom to give them a scrub.
I steam clean mine at work then use dash shine on a cloth when dry. Obviously be aware of silicone making the mats slippery etc.
Stardrops or any other household all purpose cleaner.
Finish by Autosmart works a Treat
A light coat of tyre dressing
Greasy chip papers and a bit of fag ash rubbed around....:whistle::whistle:Confusedillyme:Confusedillyme:Confusedillyme:
You'd never guess it's Saturday night !
How easy is it on my 04 1.9 forte??