Berlingo Forum

Full Version: oh @#%&*.....cracked windscreen...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just heading into town at lunchtime when BANG stone hits windscreen. Crack about 10" long so looks like new screen time. Almost certainly it will be done on insurance, but any gotchas please folks??
Watch them as they do it,is all I can offer
Has it shattered completely? It may not be a total replacement, could possibly be a repair.
(01-04-2012, 08:48 PM)Mike Wrote: [ -> ]Has it shattered completely? It may not be a total replacement, could possibly be a repair.

Mike!
Repair a ten inch crack?:eek:
Autoglass repair, Autoglass replace -but we dont do miracles mate:thumbsup:
I've never had a chip that needed to be repaired so wasn't sure. I only ever went to autoglass to have the rear view mirror fixed.

Just looked on their site, it would need to be the size of a £2 coin.
Phoned insurance company, who kind of autoforward you Autoglass. The Autoglass site lets you book online, but as my insurance company had quoted a phone number I thought I should follow that route.
Lady I spoke to was on the ball, asked whether car had rain sensors (good point - I'd forgotten that), aircon (yes, but not sure where that fits in - maybe a sensor built into screen surround), or one of those strange tinted screens that were very popular for a while. Job is booked for tomorrow. I have an inherent hate of this sort of job as I know a few people who have had awful problems with subsequent leaks, and badly refitted trim following screen replacement, so hope all goes well.....Bernie is very smart and we'd like him to stay that way!
(02-04-2012, 10:21 AM)pidgeonpost Wrote: [ -> ]I have an inherent hate of this sort of job as I know a few people who have had awful problems with subsequent leaks, and badly refitted trim following screen replacement, so hope all goes well.....Bernie is very smart and we'd like him to stay that way!

In my experience the job was quick and painless, some slight odour from the sealant but otherwise totally unnoticeable from that day to this.

However if you have Aircon it may well be a heat reflective screen and that may prove trickier.