Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Rip off van servicing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Small rant, Bear with me....

Sent van (71 plate driver pro) off for a major service, £505.46! 

Anyhow, I go with it as the minor was £295 last year and certainly Citroen seem steep for servicing in general.
Pre called and told all ready, Just getting washed, Can I pay and they will pop it back. Also can I leave 9 or 10/10 on the survey as its really important they get a high score......

I told driver I may not be there so leave the keys (wish I had been there), Van not washed, Which lead me to look elsewhere...

Not a single hinge greased, Brake fluid not changed, Who knows what else has not been done.

Their answer was that brake fluid is an extra £70, If I take it back another day they can do it for me and grease hinges...But I need to pay  Dodgy

Lady then reels off a list of what they quoted for (I was simply told major service), And had to go off looking before agreeing it is part of a major service to change the brake fluid.....Their mistake.....But noting she can do unless I want to book in and pay.

I was sending another van there for a major very shortly, Not now! Raised a case with Citroen direct as I cannot believe at £505 the brake fluid is extra!

Will update.....Not sure I will get anywhere.

Main point of this post however....Avoid Wilmoths Crayford!
Make sure to leave fb with Google too
(03-01-2024, 07:04 AM)Gryffindor Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure to leave fb with Google too

I’ve left a few reviews, oddly enough they have a lot of negatives of late!

Citroen UK beyond useless, First Lady barely understood what was saying, my partner listening in said “is she thick”. She came back and said the garage told her they offered me the brake fluid change but I declined.

I was not happy, Liars and thieves it would appear! I again pointed out it should be part of the major service so how could I decline it and why would I…

She escalated it to another person, he was useless also. He could not even tell me what they should do in a full service, said “I don’t know, nothing can do”

So that’s it, The best Citroen can do is say they cannot do anything. All while I keep telling them I am not after money, But just the service I paid for.

I know a lot of tradesmen in the area, I shall steer them all to somewhere else where possible, one I spoke to today needs a major in 250 miles but won’t be going there now!
We have the vauxhall version car, we had it serviced at the main agents and a towbar fitted by them as it was under warranty. They farmed the towbar out to the local fitters, I could have done that and saved some cash so was not impressed. The next service was done at our local garage - they understand about warranty etc. They ordered the service parts from Vauxhall and gave me the invoice so that I had proof that the correct parts were used (invoice includes our reg). Their labour costs were much less and more importantly I trust them.

Peter
Record mileage as well. Mate of mine had his RS serviced at Audi dealer and when he got it back there was another 80+ miles on it. He got some tyres as compensation
I’ve realised the coolant level was also low and they did not top
It up, cowboys!

I deliberately left it as it was nothing major, forgot to add that to the post.
You are paying for the stamp in the book, that's what it amounts to.
As soon as the warranty expired I began doing my own servicing.
If I was dishonest enough I could get a custom made "service "stamp off ebay for a couple of quid....and I bet that wouldn't be the first time that trick would have been performed.
Caveat Emptor as they say.
I had my b9 dealer-serviced religiously for the sake of that damn stamp and was finding last-autumns leaves and cobwebs over things they should have checked.
Being charged a fiver for topping up an already brimmed screen wash reservoir got me thinking what else am I paying for that's not being done.
The first two services on my K9 I got done at a dealer, solely for warranty purposes, but then I discovered that as long as genuine Citroen parts are used, servicing can be done by any decent garage, and they can stamp the book too.  However I think the anti-perforation inspections have to be done by dealers, not that they amount to much - again just book-stamping (the first 2 dealer services very kindly didn't stamp my anti-perforation inspection, and I didn't notice cos I didn't realise it was a separate stamp, then when I asked a dealer to do an inspection on the third year, it took all of 20 seconds - god knows what they expect to spot within that time).
Lol in Norway 70 000km/4year service 960pound
All filters, and brake fluid check.

No way.
So i had a QUOTE from my local garage 450pound. Same service, and warqnty is still valid.
Pages: 1 2