Berlingo Forum

Full Version: 2.0 HDI Sump Pan..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How hard a job is it to replace the DW10 sump pan? My sump plug is cross threaded and now leaking Sad (Compliments the PAS fluid leak nicely I suppose!)

Found this on Egay,I assume it'll fit my HDi Partner..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...ink:top:en

This bloody van fights me every step of the way, so I think I'll end up throwing it at my mechanic :lol:
Why not do what I and others have done and replace it with one of these-

http://www.drainplug.co.uk/standard.html

Threadlock it in and be done
That looks like great idea, many thanks Smile
Hi, there are two types of sump pan for the DW10 engine, one for a van with air con (cast aluminum with a 14mm drain plug) and a pressed steel one with a 10mm plug for non air con ones. The one pictured is the cast type hence the expense. If yours is the cast type it would be cheaper to remove it and take it to your local garage and get it heli coiled. (it's the same size as a spark plug thread).Confusedalut:
No A/C on mine so I assume it'll be a pressed steel job! Its just arkward now because the vans my only transport so I cant have it off the road for long. Just need to find out what size drain plug I need now...
I wrecked my thread about 12 to 18 months back and thread locked in the Femco drain plug and posted the alternative theory on here and it was a bit of an experiment at the time to see if it was a solution.... It's worked. no leaks and dropped the oil several times and no issues at all!!

Great product and if you use permanent thread lock, it stays in there!!

The alternative is helicoil. No need to fit a new sump.
Why not just drive the vehicle to the local engine remanufacturer or engineering workshop, tell them what has happened, let them drop the oil and rethread the sump in situ????
Cost? It's probably £80+ to helicoil the sump and then oil change etc.. then it's need doing right so there's no crap left in the bottom of the sump.

Obviously much cheaper than replacing sump but for a bust thread it cost me £30 ish and then future oil changes are so simple with the drain plug.
Sorry I didn't credit you Tucker. I couldn't remember who had the original idea that I also used.
You could always remove the sump your self and obtain a M10 x 1.25 fine, hand tap and just clean the thread up.
It's most likely it'll just be the start of the thread that will be crossed so it won't take much effort. You might need a new plug if thats damaged. Don't forget to use a new seal.
Part No. 0311 29 for the plug, 0313 40 for the seal.

One like this on Ebay, item No. 280878670815
Confusedalut:
Pages: 1 2