Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Hi Everybody!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings, I've just registered on the forum as I'm seriously looking at getting myself a BerlingoBig Grin
I'm selling my 1992 Mazda MX5 turbo after 6 years of ownership as I want something I can (literally) throw a dirty mountainbike in the back of and also something for occasional child carrying duties. Think I must have had my mid-life crisis a few years early :lol:

Anyway, I've been active on the MX5 forums for years and found them an excellent place for info and advice, so I'll be doing my research here before taking the plunge and getting a Berlingo, although I already know I'm probably looking at getting a late Mk1 or early Mk2 1.9/2.0hdi.

Is there a link to specific stats/specs and trim options by year?
HI WELCOME ABOARD:wave:
Hello and welcome :wave:
Good luck with your next motor :thumbsup: Plenty of info to digest here !
Hello & welcome.

Have a look here:-

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1560
Thanks for the link.
Welcome!
Right, looks like my current car will be sold this week, so I'm actively looking for a Berlingo, preferably a Mk1 1.9diesel.
What are these like for high mileage? as obviously most of the ones I'm looking at are knocking on for 100,000 miles plus... when should the cambelt be changed???

I'm looking forward to the change of vehicle :-)
Try a search for the service intervals and schedules, if in doubt then get it done ASAP for peace of mind.

As long as it has been serviced regularly these will go to the moon and back............albeit slowly.
Thanks, think I have found the service schedule info.

What's the going rate ££ for a cambelt change?

I'm quite good with mechanical stuff (I'm an engineer:whistleSmile so if it's not too complex/frustrating I could probably attempt it myself... I'll have a quick look online for any guides on changing cambelt.
Mine cost me £180. This was the cambelt kit and serpentine belt kit together with a replacement water pump.Done by a mechanic "out of hours".

There are guides on here, don't know if it covers yours though
Pages: 1 2