Berlingo Forum

Full Version: P.D.F. warning light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Guys - PDF probs, we have a new 1.6 HDi, got 1,000 miles on the clock and the little orange triangle thing flicks on and there is a "boinggg" sound and the computer screen tells me there is a "Risk of filter clogging". Contacted Citroen who sent AA man out - he tells me about heating up exhaust system to burn off particulates so we do this on nearby dual carriageway - no light, no boingg sound, all seems well, 'till next day when it does it again, after 2 or 3 miles..so it goes in on Thursday the 28th June..will keep you posted.Wink
Have a read around the forum, plenty on PDF stuff, sounds like it needs a good run round to clear out the system
Try driving for a short distance low gear and high revs. Would Shell V Power help??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sounds like it needs a good thrashing down motorway in 4th gear for half hour or so for the process to clear it out, seems to be a problem with a few diesels now, my mother in laws peugeot 207 does it now and then so she gives it to me to thrash lol as i am a bit heavy footed.
I don't think that this should occur on a new vehicle with only 1000 miles on the clock....something is amiss there.
Yes, 1000 miles is not much - thing is I was doing about 65 when the thing came on and I have not been just poodeling around town, anyway it goes in on Thursday to Citroen dealer in Norwich and we will see if the strange plug in the passenger glove compartment works or not!! (Diagnostic thingy).
Good luck and please let us know on forum of what the outcome is...
(26-06-2012, 08:30 PM)andy-womble Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck and please let us know on forum of what the outcome is...

Hi, well took car into Citroen dealer 10a.m. got it back 11a.m. and was told that they had cleaned out the filter - and that the only problem was my driving style..I should give more welly, don't flick into 5th etc..(I have been driving for 48 years and was driving instructor for 12 years)..anyway I said "OK and thanks", left to go home and 2 miles later BOINGG up comes the same message about risk of filter clogging - so, anyway this weekend we are going to France to get stuff - so will be on M25 M20 etc..long hard drive and see what occurs!..if samo samo then naturally going back to Citroen - will have to wait and see. I have no idea what happened to car at Citroen dealer but obviously the filter was not "cleaned out", will keep you posted - but isn't it a shame about the bullshit?
(28-06-2012, 01:12 PM)FatPaddy100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-06-2012, 08:30 PM)andy-womble Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck and please let us know on forum of what the outcome is...

Hi, well took car into Citroen dealer 10a.m. got it back 11a.m. and was told that they had cleaned out the filter - and that the only problem was my driving style..I should give more welly, don't flick into 5th etc..(I have been driving for 48 years and was driving instructor for 12 years)..anyway I said "OK and thanks", left to go home and 2 miles later BOINGG up comes the same message about risk of filter clogging - so, anyway this weekend we are going to France to get stuff - so will be on M25 M20 etc..long hard drive and see what occurs!..if samo samo then naturally going back to Citroen - will have to wait and see. I have no idea what happened to car at Citroen dealer but obviously the filter was not "cleaned out", will keep you posted - but isn't it a shame about the bullshit?

thats the problem with these new diesel with dpf they not really designed for everyday normal driving as they clog up quite quick, but the dealers never tell you when your buying them. i try to get in 5th gear asap but with dpf you seem to have to drive in 3rd and 4th to keep revs up so that the filter process does its thing.
Seems so - and what does that do to MPG? That's why we buy diesels in the first place! Why we pay 6 or 7p more a litre than 4*...why we pay more for the engine ...and you are quite right - the salesman at Citroen said to drive "carefully" for the first 1,000 miles or so - totally wrong advice..It would have made me think again...
Pages: 1 2 3