Berlingo Forum

Full Version: electrical poblem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi after quick test on break lights today I have found a fault: when regular/drive lights are on - break lights are on too, but when regular/drive lights are off and I press break pedal-all lights show up at the back - including number plate light and on dashboard : heater light, fans light and passenger headlamp light comes up too???? berlingo 1.9d 600 december 2002 it must be fuse problem but which one is it?please help !!!!!
I assume the other lights come on at reduced brightness. If so then it is very likely to be an earth fault on the brake lights. Check this in the rear light clusters. Install a temporary earth for the brake lights and see if the problem goes away. If it does, check the earthing of the light cluster. If it doesn't then maybe it's a BSI problem. See the many other posts on this forum on how to reset the BSI.
(10-07-2012, 05:24 AM)mikeB Wrote: [ -> ]I assume the other lights come on at reduced brightness. If so then it is very likely to be an earth fault on the brake lights. Check this in the rear light clusters. Install a temporary earth for the brake lights and see if the problem goes away. If it does, check the earthing of the light cluster. If it doesn't then maybe it's a BSI problem. See the many other posts on this forum on how to reset the BSI.

yes problem solved- it was light bulb (dual one- break light/regular light) fault that shifts additional electrical signal on break light or regular light how strange to do - instead of a fuse! many thanks for help Smile