Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Help non starter.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey yall im a newb with a problem..:brickwall:.
i have a 2000 multispace forte D
it was a lumpy starter gradually chugging into life but Now it wont start first thing!!! it will turn over and smoke will come from the exhaust but no sign of firing, it will do this till the batt runs down.
But it will bump start and once its been started once it will start first time every time throughout the day ????until its left for a long period like 5 hours + or over night, then back to square one.
its very loud once started then settles as it gets warm.
ive changed the:
battery
heater plugs
injectors (not new but replacements)
fuel filter
air filter
oil
cleaned everything
and try'd a few resets(both keys).

i did notice oil in the plastic intake part on top of the engine and cleaned it all and some around the far right intake(metal part).

now im considering a pro or shooting it with a big gun which is gonna cost, so before that i just thought maybe someone has had and solved such a problem.

Im in Kingswinford(dudley ish)if you can point me in the direction of a pro if nowt else.
Thanks in advance for any help
Merco.
Have you tested the glowplug relay, Is power getting to the glowplugs
I'll give that a go later cheers. If there was a power problem to the glow plugs would it not start every time.? Cause as I said it starts every time after the first initial start with no problems.?
I'll let you know.
Cheers
According to another forum, a worn starter motor can cause this. Apparently it doesn't spin quite fast enough for the compression needed for a cold start.

Not tested this theory myself and this was gleaned from a forum for an entirely different makee/model, but may be of some use to you (and possibly others)
If the glowplugs aint working you are just cranking the engine till it finally fires producing clouds of smoke. Once the engine is warm it will usually start ok for the rest of the day until it has time to cool right down over nite. Check also that you have good earths from the battery to chassis and engine to chassis.
(25-09-2012, 11:23 AM)Coco Wrote: [ -> ]According to another forum, a worn starter motor can cause this. Apparently it doesn't spin quite fast enough for the compression needed for a cold start.

Not tested this theory myself and this was gleaned from a forum for an entirely different makee/model, but may be of some use to you (and possibly others)

Thats one of those little gems to keep for a rainy day:thumbsup:
cheers tomcat3 sounds like my start point. Just a thought can you constantly use a direct supply to the relay(as ive read in a glow plug post) as a fix or does it need to be changed back at some point?
That don`t sound a very good idea the relay is there to switch power on and then off after a set time.